The temperatures are forecast to be brutally cold this weekend so there are a few things around your home that can be done to hopefully prevent any temperature-related issues:
- If you are leaving for the weekend, keep your temperature set to at least 60 degrees;
- leave any cabinet doors under sinks on exterior walls open so the warm air can flow around the pipes
- change your furnace filter to allow your furnace to operate more efficiently
- check the batteries on your smoke/carbon monoxide alarms
- Colorado Springs Utilities has more information on their website: https://www.csu.org/Pages/StormCenter.aspx
Please stay safe and warm this weekend!