This same information was emailed earlier in October but with the weather forecast for this weekend, I thought it was prudent to send out a second time:
1. HVAC: As per the terms of your rental contract, you’ve agreed to have the furnace serviced by a licensed HVAC company, which will check for gas leaks and improve the efficiency of your heating system. If you provide us with a paid receipt of this (as part of your maintenance discount), we will reimburse you $25 of the cost. We recommend the following vendors: Parkey’s HVAC at 719-594-0991, Falcon Heating at 719-574-7543 or the Furnace Guy at 719-330-6852. Be sure to tell them you are with Candela Properties.
2. SMOKE and CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS: Please double check that your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms have fresh batteries inside them and are located within 15 feet of each bedroom in your home. If they are missing or not functioning, please let me know ASAP so I can get you new ones.
3. IRRIGATION SYSTEMS: If your home has a sprinkler system, please make sure it is properly winterized to prevent serious damage to the system or plumbing. If you need assistance with this, we recommend: Dream Landscaping at 719-217-0478, Colorado Springs Irrigation at 719-344-8140 or TJP Landscaping at 719-632-8347. Again, be sure to tell them your connection with Candela for preferential pricing.
However, your lawns will require watering throughout the year due to the Colorado weather. Please refer to the attached watering guide.
4. HOSES: Please make sure your hoses are disconnected from the exterior faucets when not in use. Otherwise, it could lead to severe breaking of pipes and further damage.
5. GUTTERS: Once the leaves have all dropped, please make sure that your gutters are clear of leaves and debris so rain and snow melt flows properly away from your home. Otherwise, it could lead to foundation issues. If you need assistance with this, please contact AAA Angle Pros at 719-391-9365, Legacy Gutters at 719-464-8945 or Capstone Property Maintenance at 719-306-8929.
6. FIREPLACES: If your home has a gas fireplace, please have the HVAC tech also service it while on site for the furnace. If you have a wood-burning fireplace, which you plan on using this heating season, please have it inspected and swept by either Chimney Cricket at 719-687-3512, Dr. Soot at 719-598-4466 or Ray’s Chimney Service at 719-475-1998.
As always, if you have any questions regarding these or other items, let me know.